Safeguarding the Public & Protecting Officers
Increasing demands on law enforcement agencies have stretched resources to the limit and the tools they use must be portable, rugged, easy to use, cost effective, and fill multiple needs.LRAD fills the critical gap between the limited vocal clarity and range of bullhorns and vehicle P.A. systems, and kinetic measures including water cannons, tear gas projectiles, rubber bullets, pepper balls, Tasers, and flash bang grenades.
LRAD is not a weapon; LRAD is a highly intelligible, long range communication system and a safer alternative to kinetic force.
LRAD systems safely broadcast highly intelligible messages, warnings, notifications, instructions and commands from close range up to 3 kilometers to individuals or large crowds in a wide variety of law enforcement situations.
As part of field and special response team operations, LRAD safely extends the perimeter in friendly or escalated environments keeping the public and officers out of harms way. Law enforcement agencies are also using LRAD to:
- Communicate to large crowds during parades, festivals, concerts and sports events
- Establish safety zones and humanely enforce perimeters
- Control traffic congestion
- Conduct SWAT operations
- Disperse crowds
- End hostage and barricaded subject situations
- Serve high risk warrants
- Extract inmates safely from cells
- Secure jails, prison yards and facility perimeters
- Communicate to protesters
- Stop threatened suicides
- Evacuate neighborhoods during emergencies and disasters
- Conduct search & rescue operations from the land and air
- Communicate lifesaving information to citizens during disasters
LRAD’s optimized driver and waveguide technology ensures every broadcast cuts through wind, engine and background noise and is clearly heard and understood, even inside vehicles and buildings. Through the use of live or recorded multilingual voice messages and alert tones, LRAD systems establish large safety zones, unequivocally determine intent, favorably resolve uncertain situations and save lives on both sides of the Long Range Acoustic Device.
Law enforcement and public safety agencies around the world, including over 200 U.S. cities, counties and states, use LRAD systems and support equipment.
Contact LRAD Corporation for more information.