Director, Business Development
This position has responsibility for developing new relationships in Commercial and Government/Military sector. This individual will establish an appropriate strategy to maximize revenue and profitability within assigned territory. Your professional persistence enables you to acquired RFPs and generate new business that will be the basis for your continued achievement. You must be a team player, have a positive outlook, and be a proven closer.
The ideal candidate must have an established process for managing a territory as well as for managing large accounts, including forecasting, quota attainment, short-term, mid-term, and long-term funnel management. Must have the ability to deliver business value to customers and build on customer relationships. You must possess strong technical and business knowledge with complimentary skills to understand the customerís business drivers and align with LRAD Corporationís technical capability.
- Identify and develop opportunities for business expansion with Government and Commercial markets.
- Generate new business in assigned territories through prospecting, cold calling and networking
- The ability to negotiate business deals to completion is essential. This Individual must be a proven closer.
- Identify customer needs and utilize solution-based selling to optimize LRAD technology
- Vigorously pursue more than one opportunity at the same time
- Proven experience in a technical sales environment working with multiple decision makers and influences during the sales cycle.
- Sole accountability for customer satisfaction and business growth within target market.
- Additional Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) responsibilities maybe assigned Minimum Requirements:
- Five to ten years of direct selling experience in business to business technology markets.
- Ability to interface with C level executives
- Experience in leveraging sales to key decision makers within both the corporate and government sectors
- Experience selling new product into new markets
- Aggressive, action-oriented, results-oriented, closing techniques
- Sales skills: prospecting, qualification, verbal presentation, and closing
- Extensive experience in account management, managing sales cycles, and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to negotiate large complex contracts.
- Demonstrated history of closing business opportunities and building long term relationships (consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota)
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, superior time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision are essential
- The ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Security background desired
- Military background a plus
- Previous experience selling into government agencies and/or prime vendor desired
- College degree is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be able to routinely lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather
LRAD Corporation is committed to workforce diversity, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume to Careers@LRADX.com.