The LRAD 500X-RE is lightweight and can be easily transported to provide military and security personnel long range communications and a highly effective hailing and warning capability. The LRAD 500X-RE has been selected by the U.S. Navy and U.S. Army as their acoustic hailing device (AHD) for small vessels and vehicles.
NSN: Tan LRAD 500X with OGPK Mount - 5830015812404
The LRAD 500X-RE's superior voice intelligibility and clarity provides a highly directional audio communication that achieves maximum sound projection and penetration beyond 2,000 meters. LRAD 500X-RE operators have the ability to issue clear, authoritative verbal commands, followed with powerful deterrent tones to enhance response capabilities. The extended frequency range of the LRAD 500X-RE ensures voice commands will be clearly understood.
Gray LRAD 500X – 5996015822733
- Longer stand off distances for increased asset protection
- Larger coverage with fewer personnel
- Determination of intent of groups or individuals from extended distances
- Maritime vessels can clearly and forcefully communicate with small vessel threats
- Perimeter/Infrastructure protection for oil and gas platforms, mining operations, and chemical/power plants
- Transmitting bird distress calls to repel targeted birds from crops, buildings, and airports
- Enforcement of safety zones for maritime vessels
LRAD System Specifications
|Maximum Continuous Output
||149dB SPL @ 1 meter, A-weighted
||+/-15° @ 1 kHz/-3dB
||Highly intelligible speech transmissions over 2000 meters;
*Max range of 650 meters over 88 dB of background noise.
For more detailed specifications please download the current product datasheet
*6+ dB above background noise is based on field trials conducted by independent sources.